1. My mother owned a dance studio. I became so proficient at ballet that I once danced “en pointe.” That same year, my hips expanded and that, my friends, was the end of that.
2. I’ve been a tap dance instructor for Tremaine Dance Conventions for 22 years. Yes, the travel is exhausting.
3. I make such good use of my travel time that I actually wrote my first book, Rich by Choice, Poor by Habit, by giving up my first class seat and sitting in coach.
4. I’m not a fan of the incessant hugging as the standard way to say “hello” and “goodbye”. It feels forced and excessive, particularly if I just saw you yesterday.
5. When I stopped watching television, I went from being a content consumer to a content creator.
6. I hate shopping and I procrastinate when it has to be done. Fortunately, I work well under pressure. I purchased this size 16 dress the day before I needed to wear it. I didn’t have access to a sewing machine so I got busy with a needle and thread. Here’s the finished product.
7. At a Vision Board event, guests were instructed to bring magazines, scissors and glue. Approximately 35 guests circulated hundreds of magazines over a three-hour period. My board, containing the three words, EVERYTHING IS PERFECT was completed within minutes.
8. Despite two knee surgeries, I continue to dance without pain. How? I doubled the recommended healing time and continued physical therapy at home for a couple of years following each procedure.
9. Growing up I went to 13 different schools. I hated being the new kid. Being an outsider had its challenges. However, the long-term benefits are that I am extremely adaptable and I get on well with others.
10. No matter where I go, I go on a full stomach. I don’t like being hungry and usually have food in my pockets, glove box and suitcase.
11. I have difficulty sitting still or focusing on anything for more than 20 minutes at a stretch. I purchased this hourglass in an effort to increase my productivity. I say to myself, “I will not get up until the hour glass has run out.” Then, guess what? I lay it on its side and get up, anyway.
12. I will host the first ever VR Dance Choreographers Showcase. More on this in 2023.
“It’s not that I think I’m all that interesting, I’m just There answering questions.” ~ LaurieTALKS