Have you ever had someone speak hard words of truth to you? Once upon a time I got a tongue lashing from my mother after telling her the truth. Why? Because the truth was an ugly truth. I was settling for less than what she and I knew I was capable of. That tongue lashing sent me into some deep soul-searching. It was painful at the time, but not as painful as continuing on the path I was on.
Where are you headed? Are you on the path to your dream? Life is topsy-turvy right now, but you don’t have to settle for something less than that. I say reevaluate priorities and then find your balance based on those new priorities. You have a dream for a reason, and that dream needs you just as much as you need it.
In today’s episode, we touch on topics of time management, keeping in mind that what “worked” in the past likely won’t work in this different world. But let’s not waste time fretting. Why? Because time is an asset that cannot be replaced. There are no do-overs.
What you’ll learn:
- How finding balance is similar and how it’s different from finding your balance in dance.
- Why now is the time to become disciplined with your time?
- The story of the time when Laurie’s mom gave her a tongue lashing that sent her into some deep soul-searching.
- Laurie’s idea on how dance instructors can be a support in the agent-dancer relationship.
- Laurie’s brainstorming ideas for dance instructors and studio owners.